rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a full set of stetson 22k American beauty dishes

Customer Question

I have a full set for 8 of stetson 22k American beauty dishes including creamer, butter dish, coffee pots, water pitcher, etc. Are they worth much?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.
Hello,Your service for 8 plus serving pieces of Stetson China in the American Beauty shape from 1930-40 have a value of $200 to $250 as a whole set.I know that the bottom says 22k gold, but it was a marketing ploy at the time. While there is a .05% of gold flake in the paint, none of it is extractable or meltable to give an added value. Even if it were extractable you would need 1,000 plates to get $30 worth of gold, for example. If you have more items, put FORCustomerat the beginning of a new question to get me again.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Would Craigs list be a good way to sell them, so as nit to have packing and shipping costs, since they really are not worth much?
You can do that, but you are not hitting a very targeted audience. You can go to Facebook and join a local yard sale or garage sale page for your area. That seems to be the new Craigslist for most people. You could also contact your local auction house and consign to them. They usually charge a 15 to 20% commission and at auction, you would expect 30% less than what I quoted you. That maybe is not the best idea, but the last idea if you do not sell in these other venues.Do click the stars to accept my answer.
Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?Please let me know.If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'forCustomeramp;#39; so that you could get me again.Please click the stars to accept my answer for this question.