Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a set of plates marked on the back with a unicorn

Customer Question

Hi i have a set of plates marked on the back with a unicorn and the words Wedgwood & co ld in a straight line under the unicorn, then Made in England under that. These marks are a blue colored stamp. In another place on the back of each plate the word Ivory 1034 or possibly 1934 is stamped into the plates. I am wanting to date the plates if possible
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
and also to value the plates
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Please send images at your convenience. ~Nora
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have uploaded several images of both the dinner and smaller sized plates, both front and back. The larger plates have a painted mark that is different on each plate, i think it may be initials?
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for your patience. Your English china set was made in the 1930's by Wedgwood & Co Ltd; this is not the same company as the well-known Wedgwood firm established by Josiah Wedgwood, but instead Wedgwood & Co Ltd was a different company founded by a cousin, Enoch Wedgwood. Ivory is the name of the glaze and 1934 is the name of pattern shape. The average value is $5 - $7 per piece in the set. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora