Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I am ***** ***** Bartson I live in San Francisco Bay Area have

Customer Question

I am ***** ***** Bartson I live in San Francisco Bay Area have a marble sculpture by p barrant Firenze looking for an appraisal. Any ideas of who could look ar
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have marble sculpture of Adam and Eve on back it says p barrant Firenze. Probably from 1940s travel of late relative. Merchant marine. It is white marble. I could take picture
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've added best pictures I can. Can't get good picture of signature yet will work on. Would like to sell this if it's worth much. Please advise
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi, Please send images at your convenience. ~ Nora
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I sent pictures just a few minutes ago. Did you find them. Piece is about 16 inches tall and 16 across
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi, Only 3 images are showing on my end. I had responded from my phone last time and those photos did not show on there. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for your patience. This bas-relief carved stone sculpture depicts the literary characters Paolo and Francesca from the fifth canto of Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy. The quote on it, “amor condusse noi ad morte” is from Dante, Inferno V, 100-108, 127-138. It means “Love led us to one death”. P Barrant Firenze is actually to be read as P. Bazzanti for the Italian sculptor Pietro Bazzanti from Florence, Italy. Your bas-relief sculpture dates to the 19th century and on today’s market it can carry and auction estimate of $800 - $1500. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $3500. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. Very useful.
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.
Hi, You are welcome and my pleasure to be of help to you here. In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here, I would really appreciate it. This question thread will not close after a rating is left. Thank you! ~Nora