Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

We are looling JA: I always love having an appraiser look

Customer Question

We are looling
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: We are looking for a certified Hummel appraiser in the Philadelphia, PA area. We have figurines, lamps and Hummel figurines painted onglass. They were purchased in Germany when American forces were part of the occupation forces. They have the all the identifying markings identified with 1935 moulds.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Antiques Appraiser before I connect you two?
Customer: Like what?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, You will want to contact the ISA or AAA to find an appraiser with this specialty in or near your area. The International Society of Appraisers can be reached through this site: And the Appraiser's Association of America can be reached through this site: Appraiser's charge in the range of $150 - $500 an hour for their services and the Hummel market is rather flat currently. I do suggest first trying a recently published Hummel price guide that you can borrow from your local library, this will be the more economical method. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora