rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Looking on an antique pheasant figure that

Customer Question

Looking for information on an antique pheasant figure that I believe is from around the 1930s the only marking on this figure is on the bottom and it appears to be a capital letter Z inside of a box or a capital letter N inside of a box. The bird is approximately 16 inches in length I also believe it is painted bronze. My goal is to find out the maker of this piece the time.period its from and a possible rough estimate value.
Thank you, Brian
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There was only one picture that came with your original inquiry.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the mark so that I can get visual clues of the date and value.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
This is a cold painted bronze pheasant cast by Franz Xavier Bergmann of Austria. The Bergmann foundry produced some of the finest bronzes around the turn of the century, this one being from 1900 to 1910. The foundry mark is the outline of a vase with a B inside. This pheasant has a value of $900.00. It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.