Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

Nora I have a drawing which was created by a Giuseppe

Customer Question

Hi Nora
I have a drawing which was created by a Giuseppe Focarelli. Apparently he has had private and public exhibitions in Italy and US. I was wondering if you could find out how much an original drawing from him would be.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for the request here. What is the size and can you please send a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature as well as an area of the surface so I can see the texture. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Size is 28 inches 71 cm X 18 inches 46 cm in size. Drawing done mainly in pen
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Do you have a link or page where you found the information that this artist exhibited in the US and Italy? ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
To not really. I did a search on the Internet in Adelaide south Australia where Guiseppe lived. His name and family are well well known due to the criminal activities by his son and grandson. That's where I read he had private exhibitions in Italy. The other information I just found on the Internet Sorry I'm not that helpful. I have a document that I have at work that comes from the Italian messagerio. They did an interview with him. I can send it tomorrow but it's written in Italian
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Yes, please send the document, I should be able to translate if the image of the document is clear and in-focus. Thanks!Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Here is the link
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the link. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi Leonie, I have not found any sales or transparent auction records for his work. I can provide an estimate based on comparables if you like? ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
An estimate would be great. Thanks