Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a oil painting and also a pastel portrait of my late

Customer Question

I have a oil painting and also a pastel portrait of my late husband done when he was 6 in 1951. Both are signed Fletcher. I am pretty certain these were done by Bramwell Fletcher, a stage and screen performer. My in-laws spoke about the actor that had done them and mentioned he had been in some monster film (actually he had been in the Mummy, I believe.
He also was the standby for Rex Harrison in My Fair Lady and stories go that he had a studio then and started his second career as an artist and could make it in 30 seconds back to the theater if he was needed.
I have not been able to find any pictures of his art on-line and am hoping that you can help. Would love to know the value. I have photos of both. Thank you so much,
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is*****’m a certified appraiser, and I’d be happy to help.In order to appraise your item, I’ll need clear, well-lit photos, both overall and any distinguishing marks, labels, stamps, signatures, or details.Photo upload instructions can be found on this page: that doesn’t work for you, please contact Customer Support for help. You can find their contacts in the box on the upper right on this page: note:1) After receiving your response, it may take me some time to research your item, and/or I may not be available if there has been a delay between my question and your response. I do promise to get back to you as soon as I have some information for you.2) I do not handle appraisals by phone, as I feel it is more productive to work through messages. If you get a phone call request, it has come from the auto-reply system, NOT from me. Please ignore.Sincerely,Jennifer