Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have what appears to be a crude hand made gold ring and gold

Customer Question

I have what appears to be a crude hand made gold ring and gold cross with wood inlay that were found while digging a garden in Holiday Florida. I can send pictures, they appear to be very old. I can send pictures to give you a better feel for them.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hello, Have you had the metal tested? ~Nora
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How would I go about that?
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi, The best way to have it tested is to visit a gold/silver buyer shop; they are in most small towns and all cities. They will test it for free right in front of you and weigh it so that you know the metal and melt down value by weight. You would not be obligated to sell to them, but they will offer you cash for the melt down value if it is a precious metal. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I haven't had the opportunity to get the pieces tested yet I'm looking for someone in Tampa Fl to do this but I guess I'm also looking for an opinion on whether or not these are artifacts possibly from early settlers or Spanish missionaries in the region that they were unearthed.
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi, Yes, from the appearance of the ring there is a possibility that it could be very old and from the days of early explorers. ~Nora