Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Do you have any information on an artist by the name of Gardonyi?

Customer Question

Do you have any information on an artist by the name of Gardonyi? I have an oil portrait of a gentleman that appears to be in the pre- to Renaissance style. It is on a 12 x 16"canvas and what appears modern stretchers. A number is ***** on the corner 35059? and on the back of the canvas someone has written "Gardonyi OA913"
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.
Good day my name is***** am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine and Decorative Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you.It would help if I can see more images of the painting. One of the whole back plus one of the signature.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As requested the images are attached. I have enhanced the signature in one file so that the brush strokes are more visible.
Thank you Janice for the great photos. I will see what I can discover.Timothy
The name Gardonyi is a Hungarian name, but as you have learned it is not in any of the art data bases. I am checking out various spelling and other possible names.