rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

WWll album of pictures before the communist take over. Brought

Customer Question

WWll album of pictures before the communist take over. Brought home by our father. Shanghai Harbor and other cities, soldiers, and human war casualties. Can send pictures.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 8 months ago.
HelloThank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed. Are the photographs in color? also, cold you tell me the size of the photographs? Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Black and white pics. Various sizes largest around 4x12. Many 2 x 3.
Thanks for the reply There are millions of personal pictures from US soldiers taken in the WWII. The most valuable ones are the color photographs, extremly rare at that time, and also biggest original photographs. Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.The value will be in the range of 30-50 for the largest ones and 10-15$ for the smallest ones. The prices given are for personal pictures-for instance, pictures where a US soldier simply stands for the picture. If there is any picture that you believe could have historical value, then let me known. Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The pics look like they were purchased in china. Chinese junks in Shanghai harbor, the bund from pooyung side of whangpoo, garden bridge & broadway mansion. Soldiers are mostly chinese. Aerial pics of Nanking road.
OK, that is not relevant historical pictures and hence the value given is correct. These is common, actually the vast majority of WWII pictures are of this type. Please, your rating is required to finish. Kindly use the star system located upwards to rate my answer!Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you.
You are welcome Please, I will only be paid if you rate my answer using the stars located upwards