Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have s couch that appears very old there is between 20 to

Customer Question

I have s couch that appears very old there is between 20 to 12 inches of wood with carving of heads of arm like the Warriors used when fighting a war like jousting and other unique carvings. When I had it recovered they said it had been restrung 5 times. I am trying to figure out the type of furniture and during what period? Thank you for your assistance.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 6 months ago.
HelloThank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.Could you provide a picture of any metal part-nail, screws..etc-of the furniture?Also, could you inspect the furniture to try to locate the manufacturer label or mark if present?Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I took two pictures can't get them to upload in the add file. The back has a fowl looking or pec round if wood. Under the black material that was put in the bottom there is burlap material possibly put on at some point. I could not fi d any marking or signature. If you can send me an email I can send the two photos. Thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I meant a wooden peg. Did you get my message above about the pictures?
Please, send the picture to the following email address***@******.*** , They will forward the pictures to me. Please, remember to include the question link showed below in the email:!