Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an upright piano built in Paris, France, in 1900. It

Customer Question

I have an upright piano built in Paris, France, in 1900. It belonged to my grandparents who bought it in 1905. I don't know whether they imported it or whether they bought it after it was imported to the U.S. Would like to know it's antique value both for insurance purposes and it's sale value? I am 74 years old and want to find a new home for it before I pass. My husband has no appreciation for it so want to find it a new home. Have had it tuned in the past and some minor work done on the harp but not recently.
Thank you for any help you can give me. Understand you will be in the Omaha, Nebraska, area April 18th. Any way someone could come out and actually see the piano as it's too heavy and awkward for us to bring to the CenturyLink Center.
Karen
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 8 months ago.
HelloThank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed. Cold yo provide a picture of the piano? Cold you also inspect the piano to see if we can find the manufacturer label? Thanks