rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Is C.E. KREIS A KNOWN ARTIST? I have an old painting signed

Customer Question

Is C.E. KREIS A KNOWN ARTIST? I have an old painting signed by that name. Don't know anything about it. Thank yoy.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
Hello,There is no CE Kreis in the art database. Let's make sure that is the name of the artist before you dismiss the piece, though. I only see the one photo of the painting, please use the Add Files feature to add one of the signature.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Added. Thank you
Thank you.You are right about the signature. I always ask to see it just in case someone has read it incorrectly. CE Kreis was not a listed artist.This is an original watercolor painting (not a print) of an Italian girl about to crush grapes. Judging the dress and styling of the piece, it dates to the 1920's. Kreis is a German name, but this artist likely painted scenes of his travels beyond Germany. This painting has a current value of $125 to $175.00 as an original 1920's watercolor.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?Please let me know.If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'forCustomeramp;#39; so that you could get me again.