Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My name is ***** ***** & I'm looking to authenticate

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** ***** & I'm looking to authenticate a Utrillo.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have inherited a Utrillo. I would like it authenticated.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, please see attached.
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 10 months ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.Le Lapin Agile is quite a famous painting by Utrillo, which does not at all resemble your painting. That's not a signature you pictured, just someone's note written on the frame.http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/paintings/maurice-utrillo-le-lapin-agile-5170693-details.aspxIt appears that your frame once held a print of the Utrillo work, and was later used for this floral painting.Is there a signature on the painting itself?Jennifer
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi and thanks.I would need to revisit it and remove the canvas from the frame.Do you think this floral painting is a Utrillo?Thanks,Michael
It's in the same style as his florals, but he did typically sign his work, quite large, towards the bottom. I'd need to know if there was a signature, and it would also help to see an angled close-up of the brushstrokes.Jennifer