Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a painting signed by R Pratt that is in an Arco Built

Customer Question

I have a painting signed by R Pratt that is in an Arco Built Glendale NY 30 frame. I don't believe it's a reproduction, as the canvas is wrapped around the frame in the back and you can see the painting on the edges and it's not lined up. The back of the canvas is dusty. I have a pic I can upload if you would like. Thanks, Roxanne
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature as well as the surface so I can see the texture. If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi Roxane, What is the image depicted on your painting signed R. Pratt and what is the size? ~Nora
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Nora - Frame size is 35.5"wide x 29.5" high with the image being 29.5" wide x 23.5" tall. The image is of a man and women standing on a bridge overlooking flowers with trees and clouds in the backdrop. Every time I try adding files it says the image is too large, even when trying to upload one. Do you have another way for me to get the images to you? Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for the additional information. You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Nora, how long does it typically take for admin to get them to you?
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi, Since it is evening, likely sometime tomorrow. A super easy, fast method, which is free and no sign-in required is to go to: http://www.imgur.com. 1. Click "Computer".2. Double click the image you want to upload.3. Click "Start Upload".4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page. ~Nora
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
http://imgur.com/L8oug4.
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi, Somehow that link is not opening either. It may have to do with the image you have. ~Nora
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'll email them to admin then. Looking forward to your response tomorrow. Thanks again!
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Sure thing!
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Your images came through and I am wondering if you are still seeking information on this painting? ~Nora
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes please, thanks!
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for your patience. You have an original vintage 20th century work signed R. Pratt, who is an unlisted artist - meaning one who does not sell at established auction houses. This is likely a hobbyist painting and not intended as fine art for investment purposes. Arco frames are pre-made stretchers and frames that can be purchased at art supply stores. On today's market, this can sell for as high as $100 - $150. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora