Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a silver coffee pot with hallmark with the eagle Wm

Customer Question

I have a silver coffee pot with hallmark with the eagle Wm Rogers and a Star. the lid has a finial looking like a rose. The spout is fluted with a scroll pouring on spout, the handle is scrolled with 2 heat stops. A photo is one internet page William+rogers+silver+marks &view. Would appreciate a date and value.
My email address is [*****@******.***]
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hi, The eagle star mark on your Rogers tea pot indicates it is either silverplate or coin silver. This mark was used by various firms from 1825 - 1976. When yours was made depends on how the mark appears. Plated silver does not hold the same precious metal melt down value as coin silver. If the early coin silver, the teapot is worth $300 - $400. If later silverplate, then the value is usually under $30. I can help confirm if you can please send images. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 8 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora