Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an old office desk that has a leather top and brass

Customer Question

I have an old office desk that has a leather top and brass studs around the top. Along with the desk there is a picture of the desk with F.O. Hale, 12th president of Illinois bell telephone company. The picture names all of the men in the picture and is from January 1928. Can you help?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Yes, I will be happy to help with your desk and associated photo. In order for me to properly assess what you have, I will first need to see images. Please send photos at your convenience.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

An early 20th century Executive Desk can sell for a high average of $5000 if produced by a quality name maker. With the provenance of being the desk of a President of Illinois Bell, then the value rises because of the association with telephone history. It could sell for $10,000 - $12,000. If you like to send images, please feel free, there is not an additional charge for adding photos here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora