rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have 2 Louis Comfort Tiffany Sherbet cups that must have

Customer Question

I have 2 Louis Comfort Tiffany Sherbet cups that must have been part of a set my grandmother received as a wedding gift in 1930. They are not identical due to the handmade nature and look different. It's the Favrile green onion skin color. I was wondering the value and the best possible place to sell. thank you.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: There is a signature on the bottom of each cup that says "1281 L.C.T. Favrile"
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.

These are Tiffany Favrile glass stemmed sherbet cups, made 1917 to 1925 in pattern #1281. Each glass has a value of $600 to $700 in value for a total of $1200 to $1400 for the pair.

The best place to sell is Ebay, Etsy.com, or join a Facebook art glass collector group and post them for sale there. You can also contact an auction house and consign to them. They would get a 15 to 25% commission in the end, so keep that in mind. I hope some of these ideas help you decide how and where to sell these. You can browse auctioneers by state or by item here. https://www.liveauctioneers.com/search_auctioneers.html

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.