Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have quite a few pieces that I was just inherited and

Customer Question

I have quite a few pieces that I was just inherited and would like to know the value of them. Most I think are silver plated but is there a way I can send you pictures of the pieces and there stamps to figure out what they might be worth if anything?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: No I would just like to be able to send pictures to you and get an idea of the value
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Hi There~

My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question, however I only assess one item or matched set per question.

At your convenience, please choose one and send photos.

I can also help you start with a quick and easy guideline on what first to look for to help you indicate what you have.

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

If the pieces you have are stamped EP, SP, EPNS, Quadruple Plated, Britannia or EPBM - then they are silverplated. The majority of silverplated pieces sell for under $20. Depending on what the intended use is, the age and maker, plated pieces can sell for higher. Pieces marked sterling silver or those with proper British Hallmarks or other international sterling stamps, do carry higher values depending on the item, maker, craftsmanship and age. I will be happy to help further if you can provide images here.

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.