Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a gh backed executive desk chair manufactured by the

Customer Question

I have a high backed executive desk chair manufactured by the "Milwaukee Chair Company". It has wheels on each of the four legs. It has a round leather seat that is fit over the round hole in the wooden seat and tacked into place with what looks like ornate brass tacks. It has cast iron mechanism and is adjustable for height. Chair is oak constructed with round spindles on the back and arms of the chair. The back of the chair is curved. Chair is in better than average shape with the original finish and all the original hardware. No part of the wood has been broken or replaced. A couple of the original screws have been replaced. Would like to know what the chair is worth as I am looking to sell and cannot find one like it in my search. Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks!
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: All of the chairs I see online have low backs on them and not the high back that this one has. As such I have nothing to compare it to in order to set the price.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.

The next step would be for me to see pictures of the chair and labels so that I can get visual clues of the date and value.

Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!