Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

Can you please give me an idea of what to do with 37 piecces

Customer Question

Can you please give me an idea of what to do with 37 piecces of very old ironstone china? On the back of each piece is a shield with a lion on one side and a unicorn on the other. It is stamped REAL IRONSTONE with 3/555 or 3/553 painted in red. The pattern looks like an amalgum of Mandarin and Mandalay. The gilt edging has worn off most of the pieces; some have been mended with staples. The tureen has bro***** *****dles. There are mostly dinner plates, some soup plates and some side plates. My mother had this china and we used it every day. I brought it with me to Australia nearly 40 years ago and now need to dispose of it. your advice would be apprecited.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Would it be possible for you to send images of some of the pieces and most especially clear, in-focus images of the lion/shield/unicorn mark.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will take some photos with my smart phone and send them to you. It would be easiest to send it to a number but I will get them on to my computer and send you the file.Fiona
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

On average, antique English Ironstone pieces sell for $20 - $50AUD per piece depending on the object.

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.