rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

How do I identify the marks on my vase

Customer Question

How do I identify the marks on my vase
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.

The next step would be for me to see pictures of the item as well. Both pictures were of the bottom.

Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!

I will be able to answer without another photo.

This is a the mark that reads from right to left Great King Qianlong Period Make/Qianlong Nian Zhi. The smaller triangular mark is an importer mark from Macao. The vase is a famille jaune (yellow family) enamel painted vase made in the early 20th century with a spurious Qianlong mark (1700's) meant for decoration only. It is common to see faux reign marks on modern pieces from Macao and China. This vase has a value of $150 to $200.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer, thank you!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you .. Very helpful I also had questions about my porcilian picture tucked behind the picture was a news paper appear to military in nature
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Information of origin and value please

This question only pertains to the vase. You already have another question open on the newspaper that another expert will handle separately.

Do click the stars to accept my answer on the vase.

Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.

The newspaper is from about 1945-52. It is not of any significant value to an ephemera collector, possibly $10 to $20.00.

Do click the stars to accept my answer, thank you!