Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

My relatives found a very unique collection of Wall

Customer Question

Hey there. My relatives found a very unique collection of Wall Sculptures in their property in Iran. Experts say these are over 2650 years old.
My questions are:
1.How could we know where is the right place to sell those?
2. What information do we need to provide to potential buyer?
Thanks for you help.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

First these would need to be inspected in person by an expert who specializes in antiquities from the Middle East. After that person has looked them over and confirmed age then established the value, they will then provide written documentation of their expert opinion. When you have that information, you can then look into the correct avenues for sale which may involve the legalities of selling ancient artifacts out of the country. If it is deemed an exceptional wall sculpture set that is over 2650 years old, you will then want to try to have them consigned to large name auction houses such as Christie's or Sotheby's.

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.