How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nora Your Own Question
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 11036
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Nora is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My relatives found a very unique collection of Wall

Customer Question

Hey there. My relatives found a very unique collection of Wall Sculptures in their property in Iran. Experts say these are over 2650 years old.
My questions are:
1.How could we know where is the right place to sell those?
2. What information do we need to provide to potential buyer?
Thanks for you help.
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 12 months ago.


First these would need to be inspected in person by an expert who specializes in antiquities from the Middle East. After that person has looked them over and confirmed age then established the value, they will then provide written documentation of their expert opinion. When you have that information, you can then look into the correct avenues for sale which may involve the legalities of selling ancient artifacts out of the country. If it is deemed an exceptional wall sculpture set that is over 2650 years old, you will then want to try to have them consigned to large name auction houses such as Christie's or Sotheby's.


Expert:  Nora replied 12 months ago.


Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.