rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Many years ago I found an old oil painting in a truck, in

Customer Question

Many years ago I found an old oil painting in a truck, in the basement of a house I bought. I liked it so I got it framed. I started to research it and discovered that there was a German painter call C.L. Bokelmann and that is who this painting is signed by. Could you tell me how old it is and how much it is worth and if in fact it is a genuin C.L. Bokelman paintint, if I send you pictures. Thanks. Julie
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.

Christian Ludwig Bokelmann (1844-1894) was a German artist known for realist painting but did have an impressionist style in his early years. This painting would date to circa 1870. It does seem to be authentic.

His works from this era in this style sell for $1100-$1400 on average.

I will add some photos of later and earlier works so you can see the difference.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer, thank you!