rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

Royal Doulton Morrisian Jardiniere D1433 Crimson With grapes

Customer Question

Royal Doulton Morrisian Jardiniere D1433 Crimson With grapes and Women dancing. art nouveau.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: approx. 8 1/2" tall and 12" wide
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Stamped Royal Dalton England in a circle around 4 joined rings or the like, under the lion on a crown. MORRISIAN over black roses. D 1433. and what looks like artist markings in the ceramic during creation, cant quite make it out but may be 2094 but i cant tell.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you specify the type of pieces that you have?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would just like to know what this might be worth, all the information on similar things is so dated and i can't even find anything just like it, only a very few similar pieces.

Thanks! Could you provide the type of pieces that you have?

regards

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you not seeing the photos? Its one piece, the royal doulton morrisianware jardineire. Music and dance. Crimson, gilding, women dancing, grapes and leaves. . .

Acoording to mark, the vase was manufacturer between 1902 – 1922. The mark used in this period was introduced to mark the grant of the Royal Warrant by King Edward VII. The number D1433 is the specific pattern number used in your vase. The word Morrison is the decorator that designed the pattern.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 80-130$.

If you want to sell the unit I would recommend to sell them on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.

Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.

You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.

Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!