Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I was given a clock by an antiquarian horologist. It is very

Customer Question

I was given a clock by an antiquarian horologist. It is very plain. The maker is Jerome & Co., New Haven Conn. U.S.A.
The back has a number on it, 2886. It is a wooden case with a door with the two glass panes.
It is a striking clock with a gold coloured weight. The square face with blue flowers in each corner on a white background with black roman numbers. There are two round keyholes. the hands are simply fixed with what appears to be just a knob with a small bar threaded thru it. There on no other embellishments on the fixing.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. If you could please post photos of the clock and the makers label so I can give you the history and an accurate value. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to get the cord for my camera to download to computer. Will send later on Monday. Thanks
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, OK please keep me posted. Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry so long in replying. I currently have a problem transferring mobile phone photos to my computer. My children will be here probably by tomorrow and can help their old Mom.Have taken pictures with standard ruler adjacent to clock to give the size.Kind regards,Judy
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi Judy, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I originally was asked to pay R129.00 which I did. I am most unhappy that I am now charged R450.00 without explanation. I will ask my bank to reverse this amount to R129.00. This is sheer robbery. Forget'll the clock, I will find an honest man to tel me more about it.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I do not have anything to do with the billing I will forward this to JustAnswer's customer service for you. Thanks Mike