Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have an old chair and I am desperate to find out where it

Customer Question

I have an old chair and I am desperate to find out where it is from. I can authenticate back to 1954 with photos. Is there a way I could upload photos?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it's actually a glider with a black woven cord running from each arm and on to the seat.
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

What is the material of the seat portion of the chair - metal or a type of plastic? And can you provide clear, well-lit image of the back side and underside of the chair.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The seat is a molded plastic. There are no markings on the chair at all. The back has a metal "X" cross bar and the black cord is attached to the metal and teak arms then runs under and through the top portion of te seat. I have search far and wide and cannot find one like it any where.
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Can you please provide an image of the entire underside and backside as well as a side, or profile view of the chair from top to bottom.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here are pictures of the side, back and underside. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

I have not found a match to this for you.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.