rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I just found 4 gorgeous pins from my moms closet as I was

Customer Question

Hello
I just found 4 gorgeous pins from my moms closet as I was cleaning out since she passed away.
My parents collect Arts and Crafts period mission furniture so I assume these pins/broches were from that period as well.
They are marked RUSKIN on the back
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.

Please use the AddFiles feature on your screen to add pictures of the pins and the mark. The feature works best adding one photo at a time with a brief description.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do you have an email address I can email them to you now?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the feature isn't allowing me to upload them for some reason

oh, dear, I am sorry about that.

send to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line. It takes a few hours for administration to forward to me , so thank you in advance for some patience.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok I just sent them to you. My phone is(###) ###-####if it is easier to call me once you see the 4 pins I sent you the pictures of.
Happy EAster
Cara
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did you receive the pictures???

Not yet. I am eager to help you, but I have to wait for them to get forwarded to me. I imagine there are not as many administrators working because it is a holiday.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I hope to hear from you tomorrow. Thank you
Cara

Cara,

There are still no photos in my email, so I am going to work without them because I am familiar with these and I am eager to answer you.

These are Ruskin Pottery (England) brooches from the arts and crafts period (early 1900's) like you had suspected. They were mostly known for vases and decorative pottery, but these pins set in pewter or silver have become very collectible as well. The brooches range in value from $40 to $80 each, depending on the setting and pottery 'stone' inset.

I am going to add a website so you can read on the history and a page so that you can see similar pieces. http://www.modernsilver.com/ruskin.htm

https://encrypted.google.com/#q=ruskin+brooch&tbm=shop

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read my answer, thank you!