Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers. Author of 3 books on collecting.
57035021

I have a 2 quart jar full of marbles i'm thinking about 30

Customer Question

I have a 2 quart jar full of marbles i'm thinking about 30 that are hand made is there any one in the Des Moine area that can appraise them
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jim,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

I'm a collector of handmade marbles myself.

There's n one in your area who specifically says he/she is an appraiser of handmade marbles, but the Iowa Marble Club in Prairie City should be able to help you.

Here's their contact information:

Iowa Marble Club

9717 W 93rd St S

Prairie City, IA 50228

E-Mail:***@******.***

They sponsor an annual marble show, just south of Des Moines, and there should be many dealers there who would be happy to help you. It would also be good to walk around the show to see who has marbles similar to yours and what their selling prices are.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Jim.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Hi Jim,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.