rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles

I have many old bottles. One is glass marked 'S, IN A HALF

Customer Question

I have many old bottles. One is green glass marked MASON'S, IN A HALF CIRCLE OVER PATENT NOV.30TH 1858 front of bottle. 4 sided clover mark with F. J. CA. H on each side of clover clockwise on back, and on bottom PAT NOV 2 C7 clockwise circle and 46 in center. I do have a metal screw lid on it but not sure it came with it originally. Is this worth anything?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

John Landis Mason was awarded patent #22186, issued on November 30, 1858 by the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (actually the patent was termed an “Improvement in screw-neck bottles”), for his invention concerning the process of creating a threaded screw-type closure on bottles and jars. That's why the inscription says patented in 1858. The bottle is original.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 40-70$.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!