Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

Minton China pattern. I do not know the correct pattern

Customer Question

Minton China pattern. I do not know the correct pattern name.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I'm pretty sure it's a pattern from the 1940's.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: That's all I know--sorry.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****’m a certified appraiser, and I’d be happy to help.

In order to appraise your item, I’ll need clear, well-lit photos, both overall and any distinguishing marks, labels, stamps, signatures, or details.

Photo upload instructions can be found on this page:

If that doesn’t work for you, please contact Customer Support for help. You can find their contacts in the box on the upper right on this page:

Please note:

1) After receiving your response, it may take me some time to research your item, and/or I may not be available if there has been a delay between my question and your response. I do promise to get back to you as soon as I have some information for you.

2) I do not handle appraisals by phone, as I feel it is more productive to work through messages. If you get a phone call request, it has come from the auto-reply system, NOT from me. Please ignore.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I attached front and back photos of my pattern. I used a bread plate for these photos. Let me know if this works for you. I can re-take if necessary. I used my iPad to take and forward these photos.
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 6 months ago.

My apology for the delay, I was away for the holiday. I'm working on this right now.

This mark dates the set to 1912-1950. However, with the England, it would be in the earlier half, so perhaps 1912-1930.

There are some impressed marks (uncolored), and some marks in purple that I can't read clearly. Can you let me know what the purple letters/numbers are, and the shape of the impressed symbols?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
as I understand it, you know nothing more than I do. No pattern name?

No, I can most likely figure that out for you.

But first I need to know what those purple letters/numbers are, and what the impressed mark is.

They are all too blurry in the photo for me to make them out. But they will give me important information.