Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have five old silver tablespoons handed down in the family

Customer Question

I have five old silver tablespoons handed down in the family that have initials engraved. They are stamped SMast and also W Stoops on the back. Any idea where they were made or how old they might be.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide a picture of one spoon and a picture of the marks of the spoon?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I Can take pictures on my I phone. How would I send them to you from my phone?

Please, send the picture to the following email address:

***@******.*** ,

They will forward the pictures to me. Please, remember to include the question link showed below in the email:

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/b039d034ca5d46929fc281abad007167

Thanks!

Thanks for the pics

After carefully seeing the pics, you have a set of spoons that we made by a local manufacturer, stamp the initial WStoops and SMast. If the spoons where made of silver, there should be an additional mark indicating the silver purity used-this a legal requirement, so if the mark is not present, they are not made of silver.

Could you please recheck the spoon and see if there is any additional mark? Any mark-like numbers-if enough to deduct silver purity.

Thanks