rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Le Bonnet Bleu 16X20 by artist Louis Icart, would like to

Customer Question

Le Bonnet Bleu 16X20 by artist Louis Icart, would like to know the age of the print, and it's value.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.

Le Bonnet Bleu (the blue hat) by Louis Icart is an open edition print, so it has been printed by many different publishing companies over the years (see photo) . This print is from the original painting done in 1923. Most prints of this image found are done within the past 30-40 years and have a value of $100 to $150.00 framed.

The ones of $1,000 value are, for example, the drypoint etchings that are signed by Icart in pencil with no machine printing on them (see photo).

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My print is old and in it's original frame. It is an original lithograph,published by Morris&Bendion Inc. N.Y. I seen this in a antique shop 25 years ago priced at $1800.00. So I was some what surprised of your estimate. Maybe getting my art,pottery,glassware,etc. appraised on line, does'nt work for me. Dorlene Lawson acct. 93526705. ID 16145611-503

You did not give me that information. I can only work with the information that I am given, so I will reassess with this new information you have given me.

A Morris and Bendien (not Bendion) Inc, NY Icart hand colored lithograph print of Le Bonnet Bleu was printed in 1928 by this company. This print has a current value of $250 to $300 framed. It is not worth $1800, however.

Please do click the stars to accept my answer, thank you.