Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have an antique writing desk with a leather desk top. It

Customer Question

I have an antique writing desk with a leather desk top. It has an eagle located on it and has other ornate figures on the legs. It does have a mark of 1 upside down V with 2 lines under it. Can you help me identify it?
***** ****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.The only photo here is the writing you described. This is the mark from production indicating which piece this is, so this is not a maker's mark. Look inside drawers if it has any, sometimes marks were burnished there.

The next step would be for me to see pictures of the desk to get a better idea of the time period and value for you.

Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!