Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have the original oil painting that was done by Supeck, a

Customer Question

I have the original oil painting that was done by Paul Supeck, a former resident of the Bellevue section, took occasion to do some painting and soon he became proficient at the work. his winning painting was published in the Scranton Republican on Tuesday, May 6, 1930. His winning painting was called "Green Firs" This painting was given to Paul's nephew, Herbert Majesky, who married my mom, Theresa Frost. When Herbert passed on it was given to Theresa Frost. This past year my mom passed away and left this beautiful painting in my possession (My Inheritance). I would really like to know the true value of this painting. I have pictures of Paul Supeck and Herbert Majedky holding this prize winning painting. Could you please give me an estimated value of this painting. Still in original frame and 1962 Festival Art Exhibition tag on it. How much
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Would love to know the value of it, and where would be a good/fair place to sell this item if I wanted to? If you have an e-mail address, I could send you pictures of the painting and the uncle and nephew on back.
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting, signature and back of painting so that I can get visual clues of the date, artist, framing construction and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.
If the Add Files feature does not work for you, you can also email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.