Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an old 'Gentleman's wardrobe' It is about 5 feet tall

Customer Question

I have an old 'Gentleman's wardrobe' It is about 5 feet tall X 48 inches wide X 24 inches deep. It has 5 lower drawers (3 small at top and 2 large lower drawers. It has a curved top with bat-wing doors that open to reveil 3 pull out drawers as well. The finnish looks to be a reddish burl wood. The back has a solid rough panel covering top and bottom. It stands on 6 inch carved legs. it is not excessively heavy. The hardware look original and has wood drawer glices. No modern finnish hardare.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. One at a time works best with this feature. Add pictures of the item and of any marks on the bottom.

If the Add Files feature does not work for you, you can also email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. Use the same email that you used to create your account. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.