Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have an antique tapestry. It is based on design by

Customer Question

I have an antique tapestry. It is based on design by Francisco Goya y Lucientes circa 1795 to 1815. It was initially appraised based on photos and fiber samples by Metropolitan Museum at a very low end of $10,000 in 1971 or 1972. Unfortunately, paperwork was lost during series of moves. What is an estimate on value today? How do I go about getting formal Appraisal?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 7 months ago.

Good day my name is*****

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine and Decorative Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you. I can do the estimate through this site. The formal appraisal would be a separate project.

It would help if I can see images of the tapestry. One of the whole tapestry front and back. Plus it's measurements.

Here are instructions on how to send photos to this site. Go to:

Or you can email them to***@******.*** attention Timothy in antiques.

or to use another site such as: or

If you use another site please copy and paste the url with your response.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks. I will need to get tapestry, unwrap for photos, measure, and send. It will take me 2 or 3 days.

That is fine. I will watch for the information. Please include anything that you remember about the tapestry.