Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My husband and I have s grandmothers China and crystal

Customer Question

My husband and I have his grandmothers China and crystal pieces. His grandmother escaped Austria a few years before Hitlers invasion. We know she and her husband left much behind but some of the crystal like a little dinner bell still have a sticker saying Austria. We are not sure about the China. The markings are very vague, like nothing you would see these days. It looks like there may be a year imprinted, 1895 and possibly the letter "H". It is difficult to read. Two of the serving pieces are my favorite. There is a small and a larger tourine. The bowl and plate are attached. The spoons and lid are loose. The pattern is mostly white with some pink flowers and green leaves. We have other crystal pieces as well. Some we think may be salt dishes which may have been used before salt shakers. Is this true? Can u help us find the value of the China and crystal? I can take photos if needed. Thank you! Barbara Pordes
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.

The next step would be for me to see pictures of the pattern and the mark on the bottom so that I can get visual clues of the maker, date, style and value.

Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time is best) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cancelled my question because they just started charging my credit card and signing me up for memberships I did not want. I better not have been charged anything for this answer. The woman on the phone told me she cancelled my order. What a rip off. I just wanted an answer for my husband. I would have been willing to pay a small one time fee. What a scam.