Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I'm have a portfolio of Currier&Ives hand stencil colored

Customer Question

I'm have a portfolio of Currier&Ives hand stencil colored engravings for the people of the Civil War which includes The Charleston Mercury Extra Saturday Evening, April 13, 1861. The Battle Of Fort Sumter! End Of The Fight! Major Anderson Surrenders! The artwork States The Victory Of Roanoke, Feb. 8th 1862. The 2nd artwork States Col. Michael Corcoran, At The Battle Of Bull Run, VA July 21st 1861
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

This portfolio was published in 1960, with six prints that could be removed and framed separately. Do you have all six?

Jennifer

I'm sorry, I should have clarified. There were eight different portfolios, each with six prints. I made the assumption you just had one of the eight. The two prints you mention are from Portfolio 1. Is that the one you have, do you have all six, and do you have any of the other portfolios?

Jennifer