rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles

I have a sideboard I am trying to determine it s value. The

Customer Question

I have a sideboard I am trying to determine it s value. The plaque inside reads :
I have no idea the age or value and just wondered if you could provide any information that might help me determine it's value. Thanks!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide a picture of any metal part-nail, screws..etc-of the furniture?

Could you provide a general picture of the side board?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have attached a picture of the sideboard. It is in good condition I suppose. I don't know what factors you would consider to qualify it. Thank you.

Sorry for the late reply, I was out of the city.

The label

Tell us that the furniture was manufacturer in Belgium, a center European country, by the company MEUBELEN MEUBELEN ETS. J. VERSTERREN. The metal parts of a furniture can tell us a lot of information regarding when it was manufacturer. Without the manufacturer label or mark, we cannot date who was the manufacturer or where. However, with the pictures provided I can date the furniture as being manufacturer in the 1900-1950 period. This is because all the screws are modern, they were manufacturer using machining process, and not hand forged or even cast.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 400-600$.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!