Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a painting that I can't make out the painter's name

Customer Question

I have a painting that I can't make out the painter's name is ***** ***** I can send picture to see who it is?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting, signature and back of painting so that I can get visual clues of the date, artist, framing construction and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time).

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't how to send information other than a text or e-mail

You can email your images to***@******.*** and write “For Rarewares/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by administrators, so thank you in advance for some patience when sending this way.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have e-mailed 3 pictures Have you received them yet? Also I have been exchanging e-mails with support

No, I have no photos in my email yet.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have window 10 and they say they have sent them. do you have any suggests? or do you have a number to text to, I do not want to talk on phone. I would rather cancel

I do not participate in the live phone call service anyway.

I am going to write to support and ask them to look for these pictures!

The site says that they sent you an email stating that you did not actually send any photos. Maybe you can try one more time?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Have tried again please let me know

Great, this usually takes a few hours to reach me, so I will let you know as soon as I get them.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The painter may be Mexican

I finally got one of the signature, but there was not a photo of the painting at all. I need to see the whole piece (and the back if you don't mind) to help me date and value as well as try to figure out this signature.