rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a set of small spoons with "WE/WF/WC" on the back,

Customer Question

I have a set of small spoons with "WE/WF/WC" on the back, vertically. Underneath are 3 vertical hallmarks--a symbol hard to make out, an "S", and another symbol, also hard to make out.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. This is the mark of William Eley I, William Fearn & William Chawner II (Eley, Fearn and Chawner) of London and the spoons are sterling silver dating to 1813 if the S is a capital letter S in a shield shape and 1833 if it is a lower case s in a shape with a point at the bottom (see picture) . The lion passant is the London assay mark for sterling silver and the head is the duty mark, meaning taxes were paid to England for making/selling the set. The other head is a lion head, the town mark for London. These are 5" teaspoons (possibly demitasse spoons) and the set of six has a value of $200 to $225.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer, thank you!