Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My capodimonte large table lamp says Italian on the

Customer Question

My capodimonte large table lamp says Italian on the bottom--- please tell me how you know it is capodimonte-- it is a French couple setting on a hill and has a double brass stand. Very pretty and well done. I have tried to find out the age also. Thank you for any help you can give me.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide a picture of the lamp? Could you also provide a picture of the bottom mark?

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Under bottom says made in Italy--- a small label says gl

Could you provide a picture?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have no way

Sadly without seeing the mark and the lamp it will be impossible to determine the age and value of the lamp. Is it possible that you ask someone to take pictures and send them to an email address?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will try to, what is the email address

Please, send the picture to the following email address:

***@******.*** ,

They will forward the pictures to me. Please, remember to include the question link showed below in the email:

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/adca3d87f3654ce0adf7706095d41f30

Thanks!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Lamp has Italy on the bottom-- also a small square label, black edge and sign gl. Wrote out not printed. The lamp is on a double brass stand
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Lamp is on double brass stand, says made in ltaly. A small square label with black edge and to written letters, gl. They were not printed letters. Will send a picture of bottom of lamp in a hour or so, thank you!!

Hello

I saw the pics, thanks for the effort. To known if it's a Capodimonte lamp we need to find the correct manufacturer mark. The mark will tell us if it's a genuine piece, it's date and possible, manufacturing city.

The Capodimonte mark should be similar to the ones attached to this message. The mark should be located in the base of the lamp, typically in this piece it's located in the base of the lamp. Could you locate such mark?

Thanks