rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a Barker & Kent Ltd antique Pitcher approx. 12" tall

Customer Question

I have a Barker & Kent Ltd antique Pitcher approx. 12" tall with a cream background a ribbon chain accent and hanging rose basket pattern. I am trying to assess it's time period and approx. value.
thank you, Julie
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There was only one picture that came with your original inquiry.

The next step would be for me to see pictures of the mark on the bottom so that I can get visual clues of the date and value.

Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was only able to send one file last night. It kept kicking out one file over the other.

Thank you. It works best doing one picture at a time (then hit send and start over) with the Add Files feature.

This is a pitcher made by Barkers and Kent, Limited of Fenton, Staffordshire, England. This mark was used from 1889 to 1941, with most of this type of ware being produced in the 1920's. The open area in the middle of the mark is where the pattern name should be, so one can only assume that there was no pattern name for this piece, which was not uncommon. While their transferware was named, these other pieces were often not. This pitcher looks to have been part of a pitcher and bowl wash stand set (see sample picture). This pitcher has a value of $75.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.