rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I have 3 shadow box style pics of

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have 3 shadow box style pics of what I believe may be originals from sculptor Bertel Thorvaldsen I am trying to find out how indeed I can make sure they are originls and value
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the picture and signature (as well as marks or labels on the back).

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
These are some, please let me know if there's anything else I can send you of any sort of other type picture you need of it with them . thank you Tracy

These are three framed shadow boxes of plaster intaglios from the Italian Grand Tour from the early 19th century , 1830's. Most intaglio boxes have multitudes of cameos in one case. Yours have fewer than most. This set has a value of $1400 to $1600.00. Here is a page of varied examples...

There is a modern artist named Bertie Hall that also makes these now, but yours have older frames and do not seem to quite match her style of arrangement.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.