rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an antique Forestville anniversary clock which I

Customer Question

I have an antique Forestville anniversary clock which I believe is a 400 day clock. I can't find anything close to it on the internet. It says Made in Germany, has a windup key, circular glass with mechanism inside surrounded by 4 wooden posts , & the top opens up to remove the glass. I was told by two appraisers that it is valuble & very old. I have tried but failed in tracing it back into Germany. Any help would be appreciated. Bill
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.

This Forestville 400-day anniversary clock was manufactured by Keininger & Obergfell of Germany. One wind should have the clock running for a whole year and this is where the term anniversary clock came from. This clock was made with Roman numeral dial and Arabic numeral dial (yours). The clock company was started in 1928 in Canada and at that time was the Blackforest Clock Company, importing German-made clocks. This stopped during WWII and resumed in the 1950's. This clock dates to the 1950's if it says Forestville Made in Germany on the back of the movement. It would only be an earlier model if it says Blackforest Clock Co on the back.

The clock has a current value of $400 to $500 retail.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.