Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a German Hunting sword given to me by my step father

Customer Question

I have a German Hunting sword given to me by my step father before he died, when I lived in Holland in the 1960's. The handle is made of deer antler and has 3 metal round peanut like decorations on it, the blade is engraved on both sides and at the back of the blade, The engraving depicts a forest a man holding a gun with a barrel shape like a trumpet. I am wondering if it is considered an antique sword.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide a picture of the sword?

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for responding. I have attempted to send you my pictures but somehow it disappeared in the process of doing it.
Herewith I try again. I hope you'll get it. .
Apparently the detail picture is too large, It depicts the blade with engraving on it on both sides, about halfway. On one side
there is a hunter engraved holding a rifle which barrel ends in a trumpet shape Thank you