Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a small hand sown folk art doll and I am wondering

Customer Question

I have a small hand sown folk art doll and I am wondering how old it is and if it is authentic.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I really don't know much. We bought our old home "as is"and it was left in the house. The old owners are no longer alive to ask them. Could I send a picture?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It is not fancy. It appears to be an African American woman. It is only cloth. The doll has no shirt only a plain skirt, a wrap around the head. The eyes are thread ovals, the lips are red thread. No fingers or toes.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures then I can complete an answer for you.