Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an oriental antique that my grandfather brought back

Customer Question

Hello, I have an oriental antique that my grandfather brought back to America. I know he was in Japan in the mid 1920's so I assumed the piece was Japanese; however the dragons suggest it is Chinese. Someone help me out please because I would like to sell this item. I would like to know what it appraises at. I have attached pictures.
Thanks,
-William Hunt (###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

What is the size? Is this signed? And can you please send an overhead view and clear, in-focus image of the underside.

Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

You have a vintage Japanese cinnabar display stand in a unique form of dragons with open or illusion center. On today's market, depending on the size, this can sell for highs of $400 - $1000.

~Nora