Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

We inherited a piece of art from our aunt who said it had

Customer Question

We inherited a piece of art from our aunt who said it had value, said it was carried back from France in the 50's in a tube. How do we determine it's value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

Can you please provide a more clear, in-focus image of the painting as well as a close-up of the signature, a view of the backside (do not remove from frame) and the size.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The painting is 27 3/8 x 20
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've has trouble sending these. My email is***@******.***
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is the last one
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I didn't realize that I didn't get the whole picture
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have had trouble sending this. I thought I sent these from my phone on Saturday and cant seem to find any confirmation that they were received. I also had difficulty opening this link.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My original question hasn't been answered. How do I get that to happen?
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.

My apologies, the messages you posted here were lost in a shuffle.

You have a vintage 'tourist' painting done by a sidewalk artist and not a listed artist. These were very popular from the 1950's - 1970's and many were also imported to the US by commercial decorative wall art galleries. On today's market, these sell for a realistic high average of $150 - $250, although higher prices are asked online. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $400.